View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 02:29 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Lil and Vicc,

First off Lil, I wanted to thank you for the ideal of the journal. I told someone on here today I believe that she might want to do that and I use to journal everything but I hadn't thought of journaling about this journey that I'm going to take with the VNS. Smart ideal.

Vicc, I wanted to thank you for your kind words. I appreciate them and as you said at times it's very hard to know what to say to a person in any situation but I'm glad you did.

Like you, I have trouble at times saying the right words. Susan takes care of a friend that has MS and she is in a wheelchair. She worked for her for a year before I knew I had worked with Diana. Susan finally said that she worked at this company and we finally figured out that we had worked there at the same time. Sat right next to each other and sewed. She was in her late 20's and me in my late 30's. I knew when I worked with her that she had some major health problems that she didn't know yet what they were. It turned out to be MS as I said. I ran into her in the Goodwill awhile back and it is hard to know just how to handle certain situations. We started talking about our past together and then I relaxed. So I do know where you are coming from.

Death is another issue that is very hard to know what to say to a loved one that has lost. I just lost a friend this morning so I am dealing with that now.

The night I was in the ER with chest pains two weeks ago a very good friend of mine was in there. He had tried to commit suicide. He had surgery on his foot and has RSD now. I went by his house to see him last week to see how he was but he wasn't home yet. Now he is gone home to stay with his folks for awhile so they can help him to get through this. He is Susan's age and I call him one of my adopted kids. When he gets back, I have to figure out how to deal with this. As I said, I love him like my own and he actually lives here in the park I have moved into so I know I will be seeing him soon. He will also be around the kids again. I am hoping he gets councelling to help him through all he's going through so this won't happen again, maybe for the worst the next time.

Depression is a hard one to understand. I've been blessed, not one person has questioned me with mine. They probably wonder why I am dealing with it but I've had it all of my life as I said, and I can tell you it is not something you can control on your own. With me it is a chemical imbalance and I would suspect it to be the same with others that have it like I do. There are different forms of it I know such as what comes with loss of a loved one, or divorce, but mine is as I said from a chemical imbalance. I can tell it too. I talk about it openly. I have a Nurse that has it as bad as I do and she and I are trying to help each other through it. She is hoping to get the VNS if it helps me.

You are so right about how the Government doesn't help people enough to deal with it. They just aren't helping people to the level that they need the help. When you go to a Mental Health Facility for help with any Mental problems they should work through to the end of a person's journey with it and with them. You just don't see that happening.

I am thankful that friends like you come forward and give me the emotional support that I get from being on here. It is a different kind of support then we get from friends and family because they aren't walking in our shoes, at least most of them aren't. I'm just overwhelmed by how many people deal with depression. My step-daughter told me today that she is dealing with it really bad as his her husband and it didn't just come on after losing Bill so that's not it. It's become an epidemic of it's own.

You said the right words to me by just saying them.

Thank you,
Ada

Last edited by dreambeliever128; 04-25-2007 at 11:18 AM.
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote