View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 08:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I agree with all that has been said. When speaking with the doctor, don't just describe the pain or whatever is going on but also emphasize how this is impacting your life and level of function. That gets their attention. Ask if there is anything else YOU can be doing to improve matters. They like that too.

I hope I dont sound manipulative. I have been a chronic pain patient for decades and have a pretty good idea what these guys go through. It has to be difficult being on top when you hear about pain and dysfunction all day long and deal with too many people who expect a magic bullet. When you talk about wanting to restore function and ask what you can do, they tend to perk up. I don't think anyone who has serious problems will improve much unless he/she is part of the team.

I am not surprised that you are still on soft foods. It's not unusual. I had the worst time with choking on food for months after a straight forward one level repair. I could have sworn that something shifted or broke. NOT!!!! The problem slowly went away. Best wishes.
Spiney95 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (09-24-2012), mrsalkire (09-27-2012)