View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 07:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Exclamation

((((((((((((((Christy))))))))))))))).

I don't know how this will sound to you, but I am of the school of thought that things like fibro and ADD/ADHD are not ailments in and of themselves, but rather symptoms of something that needs to found and treated properly. I know that's gonna tick some people off, but it seems obvious to me, since so many who find the source of the pain/inattention/hyperactivity and get treated often find different reasons for experiencing it.

You said you have been seeing a chiro. Have you ever had an MRI? I would do that before going back to the chiro. Fibro-like pain is a very common symptom of something called Arnold-Chiari Malformation, the drooping of the cerebellar tonsils in the very back of the lower brain. Symptoms are many, and many patients are mistakenly believed to have MS. Please...if you haven't had an MRI, get one right away, and if you're found to have ACM, see an experienced and qualified neurosurgeon--not a neurologist--for an opinion about surgery for it. Make sure to do this before you see the chiro again, too, because chiropractic can severely worsen ACM symptoms.

Good luck...

LIZARD
LIZARD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote