View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 09:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hello!

Hello everyone with TOS and those with a loved one with TOS. My symptoms started in January of 2012. First my whole hand went numb and tingly, then my wrist was very tight and painful, that pain soon traveled up my forearm and into my shoulder and neck. This happened over the period of a month. Does this sound familiar to anyone?? At this point my left arm feels heavy and cold, but my neck is affected with the worst pain and only on the left side. My shoulder blade also hurts quite a bit!! I have a high pain tolerance, but some days I would rather cut the arm off and get on with life (at least that is what I tell myself...)

I have had soooooooo many tests I cannot count them all. I have had 2 EMG's the first of which I dismissed...the second one reported absent bilateral antebrachial cutaneous sensory nerve response, but was otherwise within normal limits. Does that mean anything to anyone?? I have had chest x-rays and cervical spine x-rays all of which report normal rib structure (sometimes I wonder if these films should be evaluated by a trained eye as things are easily overlooked when not looked for).

I have been doing yoga sporadically and am stretching daily. I am also trying to watch the forward posturing of my neck and shoulders. Some days are worse than others, but I do believe that I will get this resolved. I really really do not want to do surgery, but I will if I am left with this constant daily pain and no real relief.

That is the short version of my story. Please give feedback!

Thanks