View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 09:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Relaxing!

Thanks, Mark! I will check out the resources you suggested. I had no idea that rest was so important to my recovery. I have not been doing a lot of resting, to be honest. I mean, I feel guilty for being at home. I feel like, well, if I'm going to be home, I'd better get stuff done. I've been cleaning like a mad woman, doing projects around the house, and living by a to-do list (I wouldn't know what to do otherwise). Now I wonder if I just wasted three weeks of recovery time? I can't help but laugh at myself! Well, from here on out, I'm going to really try to reduce my stress and relax more, rather than scheduling short periods of downtime during my busy day. I do go for walks every day, which is relaxing!

I probably spend too much time on the computer or messing around on my iphone. I haven't been reading much due to lack of attention. It's difficult for me to not be distracted, which is unusual for me, even with my ADHD. I've always been an avid reader. With that in mind though, are there any books you'd recommend to me? It might take me longer to get through a book, but I could still give it a shot!
DFayesMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote