View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 11:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Annie,

I'm so glad that you decided to adopt another kitty. My husband and I truly believe that giving an animal a loving home and then receiving unconditional love will help you in so many ways. We have always had rescued animals throughout our 32 years of marriage, both dogs and cats. We have had to see 12 of them pass away over that time and that is the hardest decision a person has to make. But you have given that animal a wonder life and giving another animal a loving home helps fill that void.

Now we find ourselves with 10 cats and a very ill 14 year old dog. We already had four cats and the dog then six of the kitties came to us from trying to help two feral kitties last winter (male and female) and the femaile got pregnant before we could gain her trust and get her fixed. So four kittens later (which we could not find homes for) we have our hands full - a true definition of "no good deed goes unpunished". All the rescue agencies were full and we know that if we took them to the county shelter they would be put down because they were all feral at first and the agencies won't take the time to work with an animal that isn't immediately adoptable. We were not going to send them to a certain death.

A long definition (which I'm good at doing) those kitties will help you see that life is worth living no matter your health problems and believe me because I'm living with MG and SPS. And I can barely clean one room and then have to take a couple of days to recover.

A positive attitude also goes a long way to help you deal with things. I hope you can continue to find the good things in life and concentrate on them.

Good luck.

Becky
Southern Bell
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (09-24-2012), mrsD (09-24-2012), southblues (09-24-2012)