View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 11:50 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I found reading to be too taxing. Fiction was the worst. The need to track multiple characters and plots was too much for my brain. I read a half dozen magazines per month. I ended up cancelling them all.

I do think you wasted recovery time. You were put on medical time off for your need to quiet down.

Your ADHD is another issue. My whole family (siblings) have been diagnosed ADD/ADHD over time. Most have found they do better with choosing to change their behavior than rely of meds. The long term risk from ADD/ADHD is a tendency for Bi-Polar Disorder. Learning to let go of the need to respond to everything and do everything is possible. Much of the behavior is learned. CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) can be very helpful. My signature verse "Be still....." is about letting go of the need to be constantly busy. I used to be the worst work-a-holic.

As for something to read, Download and print out the TBI Survival Guide and read it slowly. Highlight the appropriate concepts. Understanding your condition will be very worthwhile.

Have you had your little one home with you?

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote