View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 12:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 3 weeks post surgery - mrsalkire

I have been thinking about you. You had your surgery a few days before mine. Mine will be three weeks this coming Thursday and I have had the same exact complaints as yours except for numbness and tingling. Thankfully, as soon as I woke up, that horrid, debilitating pain under my shoulder blade and down my arm was gone! I called the doc about the pain between my shoulder blades. I had already posted on here about it and Ginnie replied about the muscle relaxants. I was already taking two a day due to older back problems, but the doc increased it to three a day which has helped. I only take one or two pain pills a day and that's mainly when I want to lay down and rest some. I too have trouble with swallowing and choking. I feel as if I have a golf ball lodged in my throat. It is getting a little better, I just try to eat things that are easy to swallow for now. At least I can now swallow my meds whole instead of cutting them up. I am just impatient, want to do do much too soon. However, I could never even imagine going back to work doing what you do just four weeks post op. You really should talk to your doc about the numbness and tingling. I have regained almost all of the feeling in my fingers on my left hand. Please let us know how it goes!
Beckel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (09-24-2012), mrsalkire (09-27-2012)