View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 01:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default neuro visit (Imuran dose update)

So I saw my neuro. I told him how much better I was over the summer, presumably in response to my new dose of Imuran (from 150 to 200 mg. starting last April), but how I'd relapsed somewhat in August. He expressed reluctance to raise my dose of Imuran, but agreed that I am probably a fast metabolizer of the stuff. There's something about the size of my red blood cells (MCV, I think). Mine aren't as big as they could be, which indicates that the immunosuppressant isn't working at peak efficiency. I don't quite understand this, but the doctor saw it as evidence in favor of my theory that I need a higher dose of Imuran. So, in the end he agreed to give it a try, and I'm going to 250, which is higher than the maximum dose for my weight.

I'm hopeful it will help. I haven't used my walker since around May. Today I parked in the far parking lot (I have a handicapped tag, but don't need it any more). I enjoyed the walk around the medical buildings--the neuro's office is part of a huge complex of hospitals. So I'm definitely better than I was, since these things would have been out of the question before. But I think this is the time to push things a bit. If I can't get better than this, I will deal with being sick. But I don't want to settle for less than I could have.

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote