View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 01:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresakoch View Post
Just be aware that you may still be gluten-sensitive - there are many people who test negative for CD who still have problems with gluten (my husband is one of them).

You may want to try a gluten-free diet for a month to see if it makes a difference in some of your symptoms (just be aware that there is no such thing as "gluten lite" - you have to completely eliminate it from your diet).

For a lot of people, they don't realize how gluten was affecting them until they quit eating it. If it IS a problem, trust me - staying on a GF diet isn't hard for people who are truly gluten sensitive.

Just wanted to put that out there for your information -
Thanks Teresa, it's a good idea. I do have food sensitivities and I have to avoid a bunch of things. Dairy and soy are the two things I avoid because dairy gives me welts in my throat and soy makes drowsy. I don't notice any reactions with grains but my allergy doctor tested me for everything and said that the only grains I'm not sensitive to are rice, millet, and oats. Are those three gluten-free? I do mostly stick with those three mostly. I take calcium and vitamin D since I don't consume dairy.
Azriel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote