View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 02:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Dealing with a negative SFEMG

“ Well no one in your family has it, so why would you have it? ”

“ Oh thatīs great news – it means we can cycle around Europe next year ”

“ Of course it must be mostly psychological, canīt you see that yourself? "

“ It wasnīt fair of them to give you a suspected MG diagnosis like that, they should have waited til you got your test results back. Well at least now you know that you donīt have it – shame on them! "

(Deep down most people just want me to be healthy and are about as īpreparedī to deal with someone elseīs fluctuating symptoms as those who have them)

I received a letter a few hours ago from the neurophysiologist who performed all the tests, stating that despite those negative tests she thought it wise to personally refer me directly to a neurologist with expertise of myasthenia gravis in the same hospital. That is some practitioner! Finally after so any years without a neuro and all alone with my symptoms another small breakthrough but for me a BIG triumph!

Since receiving the negative SFEMG I noticed that I immediately had to adjust my strategies on how to approach medical professionals. If anyone ever reading this wants to discuss this issue then please feel free to send a private message. Iīm no expert but am learning quite quickly from my experiences.

Last edited by Anacrusis; 09-25-2012 at 12:33 AM. Reason: It just sunk in!
Anacrusis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote