View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 05:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

So sorry you are having trouble getting off Lyrica. I would like to think there would be no trouble going off 25mg but I am not surprised. I think the stuff is wicked and there should be some sort of FDA investigation as there are way too many complaints of side effects when initiating and horrible w/d going off. I don't know how it got on the market if proper testing was done.

I am on 125 mg twice a day. Twice, my Part D provider decided not to cover it and it took six weeks of my pain doc faxing and calling before I got recovered. In the meantime, I went through w/d that was worse than going off the opiates.

If your doctor isn't any help in getting off, talk to your pharmacist. I believe 25mg is the smallest dose. You could empty half of the capsule and continue taking it the same number of times a day that you have been. You want to keep the serum level stable with no rollar coaster. When the body has adjusted to that level, you might try dropping one dose per day. Then try going off all together. I would make my changes every two weeks. Give the body time to adjust. DO talk with the pharmacist. They have a better idea of how this med is behaving. Best wishes.
Spiney95 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote