View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 01:04 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I may have mis-stated the link between ADD/ADHD and Bi-Polar. It was in reference to my siblings and others I know. 3 of 4 siblings diagnosed with ADD/ADHD have been told they are Bi-Polar. One is more seriously bi-polar and 2 others have many symptoms, tried the bi-polar meds, and found they did best with mild meds and behavior mods.

I have had a long time view that much of ADD/ADHD problems are do to everybody expecting the same behaviors of each other. I see it as the ADD/ADHD are racing through life at a fast pace darting in and out of traffic as everybody else is trying to stop them from darting in and out of traffic. Instead of the conflict, we need to just learn to side step to avoid each other to avoid collisions/conflict. At least that was how we tried to deal with things before I went on an SSRI to deal with my brain getting stuck on a mundane thought and looping that thought for hours or days.

I may have a different view of ADD/ADHD because most of those I know with the diagnosis have been able to achieve academic goals easily and most of their ADD/ADHD struggles have been interfacing with co-workers and teachers/ fellow students. I know that some struggle to achieve academic goals due to their ADD/ADHD but I have not known many with that struggle.

There have been many successes using qEEG based neuro-feedback to help the brain find balance. Volitional neurofeedback/biofeedback has a long history of use with ADD/ADHD. Some have found improvements with their PCS.

I can't imagine how the mix of serious PCS and ADD/ADHD can mix. Sorting through the mix of symptoms must be miserable.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote