View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 03:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default "do a little less than you can"

Over on the "neuro visit (Imuran dose update)" thread, we're having a really productive (for me, anyway!) discussion about how to manage this disease--not the medical treatment side of management, but the general attitude part of the picture. Alice suggests this rule of thumb: "do a little less than you can."

The idea is that this general tactic can lead to a less unstable disease, with fewer and less extreme ups and downs. So although you may be doing less in any particular case, you'll do more in the long run.

I am making a new thread for this idea so that people who are interested in a general "how to live with MG" discussion will see it, because I think it's extremely important. Again, this is a rule of thumb, which means it's not an unbreakable law that must be followed without exception in all circumstances; but it's a good way to live in general, unless a situation arises that trumps it. Something to think about. Thanks again, Alice.

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Anacrusis (09-26-2012), pingpongman (09-25-2012), southblues (09-26-2012), StephC (09-25-2012), teresakoch (09-26-2012)