View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 05:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

parbie, I am so happy you liked Susan and she is so good. She sounds like the perfect PT for us TOS' ers, with the right combination of philosophies.

I wish they would accept insurance, but thanks for letting me know, I thought it was only mine that they didn't accept. Let me see, you have inspired me to maybe pay her a visit one of these days.

parbie, Keep positive. You are very fresh from surgery yet, it takes time specially for nerves to bounce back. I admire your resolve to travel so soon after surgery and keep searching for a good therapist.

The road to good health is not straight but there definitely is a way always, we have to keep searching and sharing.. for ourselves and others on the forum. Good luck with finding one in Toronto. You will feel more relaxed and calm being with family.
You will feel much better and " in control " ( golden words from Edgelow..).
When you feel out of control is where the emotional side of pain comes in and squeezes those muscles even tighter. It is important to address the emotional as well as the physical side.

parbie, you are doing a great job, rest well and pamper yourself other than the cardio, the breathing and exercises.

Also, someone on the forum mentioned a winged scapula improving with the right physical therapy. ( It may have been someone who saw Dr. Thompson's physical therapist in St. Louis.)

Did Sander's or Annest say what to do with the finding of the extra phrenic nerve? Also, does Susan do any rib work, like rib mobilizing manually?

Thanks for sharing your experience. Good luck with everything. Keep in touch.

Last edited by stos2; 09-25-2012 at 06:06 PM.
stos2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Feather Sawyer (04-01-2013), Iris (10-23-2012), Woodstock3 (10-09-2012)