View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 08:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Flowers View Post
here and how long did it take. I heard that in OK SSD is hard to get and I need it really bad. I'm also going to ask for SSI while I wait. I know each case is different,just wandering abt in general. I have good medical records and my Dr's have agreed to fill out papers. I have clinical depression,generalized anxiety disorder,panic attacks,PTSD,fibromyalgia,chronic fatigue syndrome,neuropathy,restless leg syndrome,degenerative disk disease,endometriosis,sciatica nerve damage.

Does it look like I might have a good case. I finally had to stop working in March. I'm working on the SSD papers now. My Dr told me I should apply with the mental issues,they get approved quicker. I don't know if she has seen this happen,I didn't ask. I thought I would put those issues down first then follow with the physical. Although,they kinda tie in together.
The disability decision for SSI is the same as the disability decision for SSDI so you can't get SSI while you wait for SSDI. The exception would be if you filed your claim during the five month waiting period for SSDI and were found disabled immediately. It all depends on numbers and dates. You should list all medical conditions that affect your ability to work. Sometimes it is the combination of conditions that are used to decide if you are disabled.

You should make completing a thorough application a priority. This process can take a long time. You don't want to add to the time.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Gracemary (10-25-2012)