View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 08:37 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I think what Alice said was brilliant. It's not a fun thing to live that way but it actually does help to "maintain an even (MG) strain." I can't even remember what movie that's from.

You're right, it's a very important thing to think about. My MG is much happier if I maintain a coolish environment. Just like Goldilocks, not too hot and not too cold.

This year, I took a fresh look at my MG and life. I can't do other drugs and have to be creative about all of this because my MG was not recovering like it used to. I almost never watch TV now, since there are so many "threatening" aspects to every single show or movie. I get my news via the Internet, so I can pick and choose what trauma I want to know about! Though subtle, that can affect the immune system. I stay away from UV lights, which can cause cancer.

I'm meditating more again. I'm doing what I LOVE as much as I can. I see laughter as a prescription. I use a grocery delivery service if I need to. I eat smaller meals throughout the day so my metabolism isn't overtaxed.

I could moan on and on but you get the drift. So many times, women put others first. Well, I'm not doing that anymore. The only way I can do what I want in life is to do everything to keep MG behaving itself. That's not always possible because it still surprises me.

What do you do to manage MG? It's really a full-time job!

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Anacrusis (09-26-2012), StephC (09-25-2012)