View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 10:54 AM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member
Heart

Cathy

I'll keep your friend in my prayers as well. I think you're right about relationships.

On the day my best friend was dying, my car was in the shop and my father wouldn't let me use his. The hospital was in a rough part of town, and he didn't want me in that neighborhood alone at night.

Circumstances didn't allow me to be with her, but I knew her very well. She never wanted me to see her in pain. When they inserted a chest tube one day I could hear her screams from all the way down the hall. When I walked back into the room, she had a chipper smile on her face and said "Well now, THAT was fun. So, how's Larry?"

When dad was dying, he wouldn't allow me to stay with him because he knew I'd probably get fired. He knew my boss would find pleasure in firing me for not being a "team player" and taking so much time off work. My father didn't want me to lose my job because of him.

Mom hated me, so she never wanted me around. Her last words to me were an angry "Go home!" I had already given up fighting with her, so I did as I was told. I'm still angry she had to die alone in leather restraints (she was trying to get home too), but I'm glad I obeyed her last order to me without any fuss. She suffered a lot in life - she deserved to have the last word.
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote