View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 08:45 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Let us know how he's doing please.

Unfortunately the side effects of many different medications can cause transient problems in some people. My daughter was taking an anxiety med. for a short time for example, and experienced some hallucinations as the dose was sorted.

My experience has been that children on the spectrum tend to be highly sensitive to certain medications.

My son with ASD was never on an ADHD med., but was on Risperidone/Risperdal for a short while and he did experience what sounded like visual hallucinations. It was a very scary experience.

Quote:
Quote:
He has been on his current cocktail of meds for about two years now,with dosages adjusted accordingly as his body grows a tolerance to them.
He may not need the same meds now after two years. Just my opinion from my own experience. e.g. Risperdal is known to have a "wall". It's no good just upping the dosage because the boy is growing. My son did much better OFF Risperdal than on it although at the time it was prescribed it seemed the only option. Either that or hospital care. <sigh>
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote