View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 01:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Alice…..

Talking about roller coasters……

Funnily enough in my experience it wasn´t until my symptoms had become such a ´roller coaster´ that I came to realize that something was wrong with my body and not my mind!!

The 4 years of more stable and slowly progressive muscle weakness led my doctor into believing I was obviously on a psychosomatic downhill slide. I followed suit in this belief! And was then left to my own devices for far too long.

Ironically, it wasn´t until the myasthenic weakness had changed into a more manic seismic pattern that I realized it actually had nothing to do with a psychiatric illness!!!!

The more I experienced the fluctuations the more I realized that glimpses of my original muscle strength were visible and accessible, and that is what inspired me to fight and to be heard. So in a way that ´roller coaster´ was my saving grace.

Annie - on top of a fulltime business - it´s like running your own business to get the diagnosis first!

On a more practical note:

Medication has helped, finding your place in the´myasthenic context ´on this forum has helped, and now a plan of action at my first real neuro appointment will also help.

On another practical note about life, with Teresa:

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresakoch View Post
Life's too short to worry about cleaning the top of the refrigerator....

Last edited by Anacrusis; 09-26-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Anacrusis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote