View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 08:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj3590 View Post
I received your advice from the other forum and I just want to say thank you. I have been looking all over the Internet for stroke forums and there are none that I can find that are responsive. I just wonder do people heal from ischemic attacks???? Since it was ischemic, I now realize that I may have this tingling for the rest of my life ( sadly, dead brain cells don't heal). I know my life isn't over, but it just feels like the beginning of the end. Anyways, this is one of the best forums I ever seen for help and response. This forum should be featured in a health magazine. The only regret I have now is that I went to the hospital four days later because I had no knowledge of TIA and I was just to out of it to call for help. If I would have got help sooner then maybe I could have had early intervention and thus, no tingling. My life feels like its over, just that quick.
Gabapentin is the only thing I've seen or heard of that actually addresses the stinging. It does for me anyway. It's also called Neurontin. You'll still be able to drive a truck. It won't make driving easier, but it won't knock you out like an opiate would. I would definitely ask about getting some of that as soon as you can. It's processed through the kidneys, so it works fast (if it indeed works for you), and it doesn't mess with your liver like most of the other stuff does over time.
Brue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote