View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 09:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default lyrica withdrawal

Hi all,

I just finished reading thru this thread because i have been off lyrica for two months. I started it soon after my c-4 -6 fusion 5 years ago and tried 2 other times to get off. I did it this time after giving myself 2 weeks to be completely off (i was on 150 a day at the time although over the years had been on 450mg a day.)

It wasn't as bad as i thought however, i was extremely motivated and just basically locked myself away from others for 2 weeks. I had headaches, anxiety, and nausea. The best part was that i felt like i was myself again, vision was better and my whole life seemed brighter, but then came the pain.

Right now i have almost unbearable nerve pain and have had to increase my percocet dosage to maintain my sanity. I am trying to keep active, meditate etc... but ..... I am trying to accept that the pain is apart of me and i need to integrate it smoothly into my life style. It is not easy!!!

I do believe that this was an important for me to do, not only to rid my body of this med, but to actually know what kind of pain i really have. Unfortunately, my nerve damage is greater then i realized (lyrica did it's job in that respect) and i do need something to help me live my life. This was a sad realization but i think it was important to do. I was truly hoping that when i stopped i would see that my pain was mild.... i was sadly disappointed. I encourage all who read this to take a "drug holiday" to see if you really need it.

i have done acupuncture, pt, injections, trigger injections , tens, i walk, i do water core exercises, i tried arnica, accuscope, u name it i have tried.

Thanks for listening....

L
dexy77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote