View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 01:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you. My solicitor actually replied to me out of hours and said we can speak about it properly on Monday when he is back.

I've just read some past threads here on NP and everyone else's seemed to have lasted at least 4 hours. It just doesn't make any sense to me that she can draw such a conclusion from an hour's worth of testing, which considering how long it takes me to think she may as well not have bothered. In her report she said "I didn't have time to go through all the tests because of her slowness."

What's remarkable is that I had a neurologist (head of his department i might add) assess me in June who, after a series of tests, concluded I had sustained a "moderately severe head injury". Having seen her report, despite the fact I have only spoken to him once briefly since we met he's now agreeing with her! Apparently she has the 'utmost experience in the field of brain injury'.

My solicitor isn't saying he agrees with what she's saying but saying that in the first instance he will arrange an appointment with a consultant psychiatrist and go from there. It will be of his choosing, not the NPs.

I've been seen by various mental health people this past month because of the stress of having no money and my housing issues. All have concluded I am not mentally unwell and have discharged me, offering me counselling if I think it would help me cope with my life changes.

Thanks so much for your reply.

If anybody has any advice on this psychiatric assessment then please let me know. Obviously I don't want to lie about anything, but if there are tips for not coming across like a crazy person that would help.
andromeda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (09-27-2012)