View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 12:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Sally,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyC View Post
That really sucks, Harry. Is there any possibility that she could get out of that chair with some PT? Even if it's just for awhile each day?

I'm in a scooter most of the time but can still stand and walk with a walker. I try to stand up as much as possible although the scooter does make me a bit lazy. I keep having to tell myself.."use it or lose it", to get me going.

I wish you Both Well.
We try to get out 3-4 times a week with Marg's electric scooter which we can carry at the back of the van. We recently had an electric moving seat installed into the van which allows an easy transfer from the chair/scooter onto this seat which then lifts Marg gently into the middle area of the van.

This past week we have also been trialing a standing frame which, via a harness under her bum, lifts her out of the chair and into a standing position. It's quite the device and allows her into a standing position for as long as she can take it. The initial problem is her blood pressure dropping once she gets standing up so we have to watch that carefully. So far the max amount of time she has been able to stand is about 8 mins. We have another week to decide if we want to purchase this and it's a big decision because the frame is beastly expensive!! But if it works, that's the important thing and we'll buy it.

Take care.

Harry
Harry Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote