View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 02:29 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

The point I was trying to make was that without any scientific facts, no conclusions can be made. No one has studied ALL MGers, therefore, no one can conclude how we are all doing.

Studies won't help me finish my laundry.

All any of us can deal with is how we are doing at one moment in time. "What ifs" aren't helpful. And because MG is so unpredictable, someone can fluctuate from morning until night, day to day, month to month and teen to adult to senior.

Raven, I think many MG docs want to "fix" it. If they can't, they often blame the patient instead of coming to grips with how seriously stupid this disease is. The psychobabble they dump on women - sometimes men - has really got to stop. I know some men who can't even look at the blood from a small cut without getting squeamish.

Alice, I have known patients who have had MG antibodies and STILL get treated like they're nuts and are okay. So it's not only the seronegs who have a hard time. I have modulating antibodies and my history with neuros ticked me off so much I wrote a book about it.

Anacrusis, Honestly, I don't believe that controlling personalities can change. Most psychologists and psychiatrists don't either. If they admit they're wrong, they completely fall apart. And, unfortunately, a lot of doctors are left-brained, controlling personalities. See, I'm not in a goofy mood but you're illustrations were funny.
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote