View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 06:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice md View Post
I could only access the first page but intriguing thought about conferences. I attend at least one 3 day legal conference every year and for lawyers i would say we get what we put in. Those who go to socialize and climb the inner social ranks do not reap the same educational value as thse who put in the time and work required, as with most things.

Regarding doctor rankings I was Discussing with colleague today how the usa today ranking seemed very similar to ranking system for lawyers called super lawyers. Although i would not personally hire all of the lawyers on super lawyers i can say ffrom personal knowledge, connections are important to being included, but almost all i have ever known that were included are extrremely competent. Whether or not they give their all to all their clients is another story. because i know some that i do not think are so good (i must disclose i am not included in south florida super lawyers which i believe is only because historically i have been more concerned with doing great work than climbing inner circles although admittedly i have to say in past several years i recognized the value of doing so and reaped benefits, fair to say before getting ill i was on fast path to inclusion.

So i am going to say there is no best of the best, especially with MG. i am very happy with my doctors competency and patient relation (albeit he is vey very busy with patients and maintaing leadership position at school). I am going to continue to be aggressively proactive so long as he continues to be receptive to same i think i am waaayyy ahead of the doctors i dealth with from fort lauderdale or miami.
StephC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote