View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 02:31 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Welcome to NeuroTalk:

Sounds like you need to see a good podiatrist.
That foot going off at an angle, can be fixed with bracing.
I don't recall the name of the condition, but it involves the tendon and muscles of the lower leg. Also it sounds like you have hammer toes, and those can be fixed too. Sometimes only wearing proper shoes with a large toe box and also taking some magnesium supplements (but NOT the OXIDE form), will relax the hammer aspect. They happen when the muscles in the lower leg spasm and don't relax properly.

Here is an excellent website with diagrams and tons of information to guide you:
http://www.northcoastfootcare.com/

And here is my magnesium thread:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread1138.html

You can try soaking those feet in epsom salts twice a day.
Use about 2 ounces of salts in a dish pan, with warm water to cover the feet, or 6oz or so in a bath tub for a longer soak. Epsom salts make things slippery so be careful in a bath tub.
This will help magnesium get into your feet more quickly than an oral supplement at first. If you have poor circulation to the feet, soaking will open that up so oral supplements can then get down to them better.

This would be a good start for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnee injun View Post
guy my feet hurt me constant i have trouble sleeping wake up in so much pain i have to get up. haven't had a decent nights sleep in 3 years.my toes burn and ache they ar crooked and my right foot goes off a an angle and is flat. the left foots toes are bent downward, burn and hurt me to the point of insanity. i have no help, can't work can't hardly stand.any help from anyone is much appreaciated.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote