View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 07:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I need help writing a letter to my Dr

I'm one of these people that over time hasn't told my PA/Dr everything about me concerning my pain and mental issues and my actual daily living. You know how you try to hold back and put on a good face out in public. Since I've been doing alot of reading and studying about filling out my SSD papers,I was told I need to fess up to her about everything so she can properly fill her papers. So,since I lose my concentration and have trouble voicing everything I need to,I figured I'd write her a letter and spell it out so it will be in my records.

I have an appt Tues and I want to have it done and take to her and tell her why I did it this way and how important it is that she document it all on the papers. So how do I get started? Do I just address it to her and then what. Do I just start going into details of what I'm actually going thru and how my days are and so on. I can get a little winded when I write because I can think it thru and take my time but I don't want it to be long. I see the PA so can she fill out the papers and just have the Dr sign them or does the Dr have to do it.

Also,can you tell me the exact forms the SSA will send to the Dr's to fill out so I can print them and take to them myself ahead of time so I can send them in with my application. I need them for the PA, psychiatrist, and I'm gonna ask her to send me to a rheumy or neurologist,whichever one I need to go to.

Can someone help me with this please and get me started. TIA. Wanted to add,if this isn't in the right forum please feel free to move it. I wasn't sure where it should be.

Last edited by Red Flowers; 09-28-2012 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Forgot to say something.
Red Flowers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote