View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 07:55 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I read something the other day about MS fatigue. The author related it to our batteries dying down, only our battery charge is malfunctioning and doesn't fully charge our batteries. It was a pretty good analogy.

For me, it's the need to just stop what I am doing and rest. There is no other option. You just can't fight through it. Some times it's mental fatigue from too much stimulation and I just need to have some quiet time. Other times, it's physical fatigue where just taking a shower is so physically exhausting. And, other times it's a combination of both of them. I do nap daily and take frequent "breaks" from what ever I am doing. I often feel as if nothing ever fully gets done. Like 1/2 the dishes loaded in the dishwasher or 1/2 the laundry or 1/2 of the vacuuming, etc.

I used to fight it like the devil but after learning the hard way, I just give in to it and rest. Trust me, it has taken me 5 years to finally get it through my head. haha If you overdo it, you will pay for it later in the day, the next day, and/or even the next several days.

At your next appointment, discuss this with your dr. It may be MS or it may be something else. You have had a lot of circulatory things happen and it could be circulatory in nature. Hang in there and know that most of us MSers totally understand the fatigue you are experiencing.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (09-30-2012), Mariel (09-30-2012), SallyC (09-28-2012), SDFencer (09-29-2012), Twinkletoes (10-01-2012)