View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 09:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy Just a random nobody in pain

Hello everyone,

I have been lurking around for a while and finally decided to join. I'm new to this problem of constant pain, back in January I got officially diagnosed with arnolds neuritis (also known as occipital neuralgia) with consistently severe cephalalgia and just recently as 3 months ago dealing with a cervicobrachial situation that doesn't seem to get much better and it's worrying me.

Basically migraines are the bane of my existance. Instead of getting better, I feel as if I'm getting worse and it is becoming extremely overwhealming due to the fact that nobody I know truly grasps the extent of what it's like to be 24/7 in constant pain, because some WEEKS are just unbelivably hard to get along with.

This makes depression (among other things), a bit worse. So, I feel as if the only person I can talk to is my neurologist because nobody else understands a word I say, it's insane. This has really made me isolated and has taken a toll on me for the worst. I've been 57 days and counting on bed rest, out of prob the 60% (if not more than that) I've been bedridden (and I just turned 30). Reason why I am here, hoping to find other voices that may understand, and at least I can make sense and perhaps find hope from this.

I can't find comfort in family, they just worry so much and trying to explain as I hold their hand through this is just painful, sounds selfish but I feel like I can barely get myself through this. My boyfriend, sigh, let's just say this isn't doing any favors to the relationship and it's sure testing it. Friends, I don't have many and whatever few there were they're not included in my everyday to know this. I just don't even know what to do anymore, this is getting to my head, bad.

Anyways, sorry for the long intro and thank you so much for reading all that :/
Emma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote