View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 09:40 PM
Banned User

10 yr Member
Banned User

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftermathman View Post
I can appreciate your disappointment with the response.
I am very dissapointed. The first time I contacted them, they ignored me. And the second time I got this bogus response.

Quote:
I take issue with two of your points:

I. What proof do you have that bogus jobs are being created within mjff.
II. Why do you say mjff isn't interested in finding a cure.
Concerning the first point ... if an agent has been discovered that can hold the progression of PD like GM1 ganglioside can do, then every other penny spent on meds for symptomatic relieve is a waste of money. Do you know that the professor's research advanced extremely slowly because of money issues ? This research should have got ALL privilige. If the organization would really be pursuing a cure, the professor should not have been in financial problems since the first day MJFF heard of it. I am not funding to create research positions for symptomatic relieving agents and support big pharmas to get rich. I am not saying the symptomatic relieving agents are useless, but if something like GM1 ganglioside pops up, I expect that every penny I donate is spent on it because this is what PD patients are craving for. And ey, big surprising, besides disease-modifying, GM1 ganglioside is also symptomatic relieving. So why the hell should I be sponsoring everything else ?

Concerning point II, I think big pharmas don't want a disease-modifying agent yet. They want to keep selling symptomatic relieving meds untill they squeezed every possible penny out of PD patients. Afterwards, they will come with disease-modifying meds. And MJFF is just doing what pharma wants because they are the one that need to bring the meds to the shelves. If they would be pursuing a cure, then why did the professor had financial problems ? There has been no other agent before with more promising results in pre-clinical testing than GM1. I think MJFF didn't even donate 1 single penny to the professor. I think it was the NIH that sponsored his clinical trials. And what's up with all the bogus reasons they give for not having GM1 as treatment ? And why all the mystery about the possible phase III clinical trial ?

I refuse to donate if they don't pursue the real cure. As I said, I am not interested in donating so big pharmas put the real cures on a hold for a moment so they can still maximally benefit from new symptomatic relieving agents.

Quote:
I support mjff, IMHO it has dramatically raised the profile of pd
Yes. Now, big pharmas have the tools to better screen for symptomatic relieving agents and they can keep selling us bogus that doesn't cure us but gives us some releave.

Well, at least this is how I see it. I am sure we will never get a clinical phase III for GM1 ganglioside. There are some forces that don't want us to have it.
pwpboy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Thelma (09-29-2012)