View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 12:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default post wisdom tooth extraction problems

Hi,
Im new to this site and i have already found it helpful however i am still nervous about my situation.
I had my lower right wisdom tooth removed 4 days ago. It was impacted and laying sideways although the tip had poked thru the gum line. The surgery went well i think. i was even able to eat a bit that night. i was prescribed penicillin and have been taking it. theres a reasonable ammount of pain during the day but advil takes care of most of that. At night however after a few hours sleep i wake up in a lot of pain! throbbing like pain! I also have an awful taste in my mouth. Iv tried rinsing with salt water as suggested by many. I was told that it could be dry socket. And since its a weekend i could put a gauze with some destine in the socket. but the socket is sewn up whole so i can't possibly get anything into it. theres also a small lump sitting alongside the tooth in front right where the incision started. doesn't seem to hurt though. could all be ok and this night pain be a result of grinding teeth or clenching my jaw? i don't mind pain but i hate not getting enough sleep. please help me!!!
donnyboy_77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote