View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 10:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyJay View Post
Hi,

I have been diagnosed with RSD and have been taking 300mg pills of neurontin. One in the morning one at night. It helped with the pain but it increased my anxiety by alot. I switched to a loser dosage of 100mg that I am taking 3 times a day. The dosage is not enough for my pain. I was told by a friend that if I take two pills at a time here and there to up the dosage it should be fine. I just wanted to see if anyone has any advice on this it doenst seem smart to me to double up but Ive been told by a few people its ok....thoughts? I appreciate it thank u !
I have also taken Neurontin before, and even though it kicked my butt it sure did its job at the time. However, I echo everone's thought on the matter it is best to just bring this up to your doctor instead of changing the dosis yourself.

What may happen, which is what happened to me at a specific moment, was that I was taking Neurontin but the pain was quite severe - it felt like it wasn't doing anything for me - so from taking it once a day he ordered twice a day, and also prescribed Sirdalud at night. Even though Neurontin does make me super drowsy and whatnot, when my anxiety goes sky high my doctor already knows to prescribe something else to assist the situation.

As some other friendly voices around here have said, best thing to do is to give your call a doctor right away to let him know, worst case scenario he'd tell you to drop by his office to talk in person.
Emma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote