View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 01:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi donnyboy,

DO NOT put anything in or on top of that extraction site. If your pain has increased (rather than decreased) over the last 2 days, then you could have a dry socket. You cannot take care of this yourself, so please do not attempt to medicate this area with anything.

The best thing to do is to continue to rinse with lightly salt warm water 4 times a day as this will help to keep the extraction site clean. Use NO mouthwash because that will cause further irritation. People think if they use Listerine or some other harsh mouthwash that it will kill the germs but what it really does is kill the good germs that are essential for healing.Take your antibiotic as prescribed, avoid eating on that side and avoid food that requires a lot of chewing, best to stick to a soft food diet. Take the advil every 4-6 hours with some food. Call your dentists office today and ask the service to have him call you back. Get in to see him on monday if not sooner.

A dry socket is actually deep in the bone. It is not on the surface where you can see. So you cannot reach the problem yourself.

Please keep us posted on how you're doing... stay calm and be very aware of your eating habits to avoid further pain.

Bryanna
Thanks for your reply!
For the moment thanks to advil i feel fine…I must say that i can eat pretty much anything i like and it doesn't bother me much at all. only slight pain if i eat something a little chewy! and the pain seems to be the whole bottom row of teeth a little. from the extraction set to the middle bottom teeth. and my jaw bone a little. the wound itself looks like its healing ok. some of the stitches have come out and i can see where the socket starts! what bothers me most is the horrible taste in my mouth! will or can a dry socket heal itself? when should i expect the pain to subside? and the taste to go away? thanks bryanna!
donnyboy_77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote