View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 01:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default bison bones

We made a bone broth out of bison bones, oooh howdy, it was gamey, don't know why I didn't expect it since it came from an animal we never eat. I tried to use it up by making rice and other grains with it, still a bit too gamey for us, not sure we will use bison bones again, just fyi.

Our gut doctor gave us a recipe which we've modified and it makes a great soup:

boil a whole organic chicken in water, with lots and lots of celery and carrots cut in big chunks....add plenty of sea salt for minerals, pepper if you like. Add a tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar to draw out the minerals in the bones (vinegar stinks, so we use lemon juice). It's important to leave the celery leaves intact, don't throw them out!

After the chicken it cooked, take it out (mine usually falls apart but fish out all the pieces) and put it away in the fridge for later use....then run the entire rest of the pot (the cooked veggies and broth) through your blender, it will liquefy and you will have a most delicious broth for drinking anytime.

Once you bone the chicken you've taken out, you can try to extract more from the bones if you like, boiling them again, but it's pretty weak IMHO.

We've been drinking a cup of this in the morning for breakfast and it is very satisfying. And filling. There's no meat actually in it, so if you are worried about protein content interfering with sinemet, not a worry.

You can throw any veggies you want in there, although there is just something magical about chicken and celery and carrots. We've just started this broth thing so as we go forward we'll get more experimental. I can say that beets don't really do much for the broth flavor although they do turn it a righteous magenta!

Too early to tell if it has cured our PD
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote