Thread: New Memeber
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 12:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New Memeber

Hi, I'm Zimmer28...I have Spinal Stenosis and had a Laminectomy some years ago. Things got worse , so 3 years ago I had a Laminoforamanotomy for my aching legs. Went to PT on 2 differect occasions then I fell and fractured my sacrum so had yet more PT and was given a TENS unit then. After that I was in much leg pain, so my Neuro surgeon sent me to a Neugologist who did an EMG and said imy neuropathy was very minor and to go back to the Neurosurgeon which I didn't as he was too god like to ever admit that he might have caused a problem. My internist did give me Gabapentin which caused such brain fog I would not take anymore, and refused all offered drugs as am of an age where drugs make me non functional. Decided to tackle this myself and went thru the usual menthol etc. topical stuff which did help somewhat, but still had problems with sleeping and pain.Then I started getting B12 shots and went the B vitamin route minus B6 and found some improvment. BTW - mine is Idiopathic.I was also using Lidocane patches on my legs at night which gave me some help. Then my Internist ordered 2 different compounded products which I rub on my legs 4 or 5 times a day and find I am having a better time sleeping. 2 mths ago I started using the Micro-Z Mini which is like a small TENS unit you wear on your leg at night and it runs for 8 hrs. Between the coumpounded drugs, the Lidocane patches and this I am finally getting much needed sleep.Earlier this year my husband got Dementia and during that period I was in pain so much of the time, so stress factors in greatly. He is now hospitalized and the pain, at night, at least, is almost gone now, but I am open to amy other suggestions as never know when it will attack again. Oh yes, barometic levels factor in greatly with rain coming on it gets worse.
Zimmer28 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote