View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 03:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
All of the symptoms you have sound like Post Concussion Syndrome. Your recovery after quiet rest is also a PCS sign. You will be more likely to have longer lasting recovery from weeks of quiet rest. Each time you relapse, it breaks the chain of quiet rest and you lose the value of the recovery.

It takes weeks of sustained quiet rest and a slow return to activity to get recovery to last. It also helps to understand all of your triggers so you can moderate them. Consuming more fiber will help the bowel movements to be less stressful.

You may have damaged the blood vessels to that portion of your brain. Until they heal, any change in blood pressure (stress) can cause symptoms. The myriad of causes that can be effecting your are vast. Only you can narrow down these causes.

My best to you.
Thanks Mark.

It makes sense that I damaged blood vessels to some portion of the brain. Slight bleeding, inflammation, or both upon exertion. The damage is probably extremely small as nothing appears on MRI with contrast.

However, as hard as I try, it is realistically impossible to make it a few days without some form of relapse caused by physical/mental exertion. Perhaps over time the symptoms will be less easily aggravated but unfortunately this has not occurred yet. Every relapse takes me back to 'square one'.

Although it is probably impossible, I wonder if I could arrange for a doctor to put me into a coma for a few weeks?! If anything was to solve the problem that would be it! I'd pay almost anything for the opportunity.

How anyone considered this?
Halfnelson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote