View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 07:06 AM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

So apparently you have all the answers to Parkinson's, and know what it is that will stop it. Congratulations! You've done, based on some promising but small trials, in a few forum posts what researchers have spent their entire career pursuing.

I just don't understand the anger at this one organization for not supporting the research you feel is the most promising and that you, personally, want supported. MJFF isn't put on this earth to pursue each individual's personal research objectives, are they? How odd it would be if their responsibility was to answer each individual's personal beliefs about what works and doesn't work in Parkinson's research, and then also be responsible for ensuring they found scientists willing to work on that person's beliefs, and funded the whole thing to boot??

Do you believe this is how science should work?

Or should science function in a way that looks at the scientific evidence, and then pursues it based upon its findings and data?

Look, I hear your frustration. Anyone who lives with Parkinson's or has a loved one with it is looking at a ticking clock. But that's also true of dozens of diseases, including many, many more people with things like cancer.

If the solutions to these problems were so obvious and easy, they would've been cured decades ago. They are not obvious, however, nor are they easy.

And yelling at a nonprofit organization in the same field that does really, really good work isn't going to help anything. All it helps you do is make you seem like a jerk who doesn't care dragging an organization's good name through the dirt, based upon nothing but conjecture.

If you have facts to back up your conjecture, I'm all ears. Otherwise, we're going to close this thread because we don't traffic in this sort of gossip on NeuroTalk.

DocJohn
"Thanks for this!" says:
soccertese (09-30-2012)