View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 08:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyJay View Post
Hi,

I have been diagnosed with RSD and have been taking 300mg pills of neurontin. One in the morning one at night. It helped with the pain but it increased my anxiety by alot. I switched to a loser dosage of 100mg that I am taking 3 times a day. The dosage is not enough for my pain. I was told by a friend that if I take two pills at a time here and there to up the dosage it should be fine. I just wanted to see if anyone has any advice on this it doenst seem smart to me to double up but Ive been told by a few people its ok....thoughts? I appreciate it thank u !
Hi,

I do have experience with Neuontin.

My favorite doctor called it "rotten Neurontin" and I come to find that to be true. He would not write it. I had other doctors who would write it.

Doctors either like or hate it.

As a patient, it did help my symptoms more than any one drug they could give me, but the side effects were not good.

It does not do me any good to live a day and not remember what I did... oh, I wonder what did I do on many of those days... #scary.

There's always a trade, my friend. Not necessarily a fair trade. Not one I wanted to have to bargin for. It's my cross to bear, as is yours.

Understanding and finding comfort... as the pre-this-condition-has-changed-me-dramatically kind of postion many find themselves in.

I do write down "Notes," Things to do" lists. Sometimes I forget the list, but I can make it without it. Life keeps coming at ya.

Hang in there. You have to do what you have to do to get through this period. My pain pattern did change, with the changes I undertook and tried. I learned to grade things as positive or negative. So, things that were positive, I did. Negative; tried to quit those things. Can't seemm to shake the Pepsi and sugar intake, and a few more negative things I'm doing.

I hope and pray you find some comfort today...

(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote