View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 04:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

as you know, i'm not a confirmed MG diagnosis, but my symptoms started with my eyelids.. and then shortly thereafter my entire face.... I remember at one point my face felt funny.. and I looked in the mirror and thought I may have had a stroke (my right side is more affected than left)... after a few weeks or months (it's all a blur) of having symptoms- it was then generalized.. i was so upset by it all and dr's telling me it was stress (ugh).. that I was wiped out one night and started to cry.. only that my face wouldn't even make the "cry face"!!!! which upset me even more haha.. when my symptoms are at a flare, i have this ugly snarl even when I'm smiling or laughing hard, and I used to have a quite animated face!!!

On another note- cooler weather is on it's way here - yesterday (3 days post IVIG) I woke up breathing my easier.. and we were outside at a fair all day- once we got home and my husband was talking about how exhausted he was, and i was feeling great - i realized.. hey no double vision all day, my eyelids weren't droopy and I smiled all day without that tired muscle feeling and fr the first time in months no melting face in the weather!! YAY for fall!!!
bny806 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Anacrusis (10-02-2012)