View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 05:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I've used a chair to sit on while loading and unloading the clothes dryer and the dish washer for many years (18?) Now I use my late husband's wheelchair to do these chores,
and many others, because I can't squat without either snapping my knees or falling over.
Making the bed is a big problem in case I get my back out. If I get my back out, it's time for PT and chiropractor.
I have found that when I am terribly fatigued I must just stop doing anything that requires focus. I can still watch TV without trying to focus on what's being said, or watch the internet without caring a lot about what they are saying...just goofing off. Or if I need extra sleep, just go take it.
I usually try to suggest Swank diet to people with MS, as it makes a difference to me over the last 25 years. I recently posted about losing balance more than ever before--and since then I have cut out of my diet any saturated fat I can, in conformance with Swank diet, and I believe that once again it helped, and it might especially help if you have circulatory problems. Read Roy Swank M.D.'s book, at least. Also do you take a good vitamin supplement? It doesn't cure anything but if I didn't take it I would be without the juice to continue operation of the body. I take Megafoods multivitamin without iron, plus other vitamins and minerals.
Mariel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (09-30-2012)