Thread: Ivig
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 08:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
Hi Everyone,
I haven't been on in the past few months. I started IVIG is the spring. I started with 1 treatment a month. I think it helped, I was sick for 3-4 days after but then had a pain level of 3-4 for about a week to 10 days which is great for me. They just recently increased the treatments to twice a month. They wanted to start me on another drug too but I refused.
I am wondering if anyone else here is getting IVIG. It would be wonderful to have a connection to someone who is. I see alot of people on the MG site who get it but I have not been dx'd with that.

Actually, as some of you now, I have had a positive nerve biopsy for small fiber neuropathy. Then went to Hopkins and they said possible sjogrens. I think I have had every blood test and catscan imagineable to no avail. I have seen neuro and rheum and I am considering immunologist or genetic testing. Does anyone know of someone who is good at diagnosing. I think this is all a guessing game for them. I was just going along with the "we may never know" answer from doctors but I think I really need to know. Any suggestions?

I have begun to feel weakness in my muscles but they told me it was because I did 20 minutes on the eliptical and treadmill instead of 15 mins each. I think that answer is nuts. By the way I went to the gym because I feel like I am really losing strength in my legs. I continue to work full time but don't know how I can keep it up.

Well sorry for the long note. Just looking for some support and someone who understands.
Thanks,
hopeful
I am receiving IVIG treatments every 3 weeks for CIDP. Which is a demyelinating polyneuropathy. The major issue for me is the relentless tireness I feel at doing the smallest of chores. It seems to help some. I've had this for 3 years before just recently being diagnosed with it. They thought I had CRPS or RSD but my EMG showed slow nerve conduction. I have an appointment with the Mayo clinic. I don't know if this sounds anything like you have or not.

Wish you the best of luck
Checkmate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote