View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 04:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs Up Congratulations.....

....for your journey to a healthier lifestyle!

I can relate to you both with weight and pain issues. I have tried every diet there is, and lost and gained many pounds over the years.

I have neuropathy which limits the way I can exercise. My daughter has convinced me the way to go is to cut down on sugar and anything made with white flour (simple carbohydrates). Instead to eat more fruit, veggies, and fish. She would always preach to me about my eating habits, and now I finally believe we are what we eat.

I used to drink lots of diet coke, and use a lot of artificial sweetners. I completely did away with the coke. I switched to Stevia sweetner, and only use a few a week. That has made a big difference in the bloating I had in my belly.

These past couple of weeks I've been researching on the internet about wheat intolerance, and am amazed at how much damage gluten is causing to so many people. It causes so many illnesses and chronic pain. For the past week I have cut way back on anything made with wheat to see if it helps with my pain issues and weight loss. I'm eating a lot healthier now but still have my 2 or 3 glasses of Merlot with dinner on the weekends. I have read that red wine is good for us in moderation, and I choose to believe itthat's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

I am 73 and the computer boggles my mind. I have learned so much from these forums about getting healthier with a new way of life. I would love to keep in touch here on this forum to discuss our common goals and anything new we have discovered that helps. I love being part of this wonderful high tech world we live in.

Wishing you both a healthy and pain free day.

It ain't what it's gonna' b
e...

It is what it is!...
Rosie33 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (10-01-2012), eva5667faliure (10-22-2013), Twinkletoes (10-01-2012)