View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 06:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi SD

I remember you well from the anuerysm forum. I don't spend much time there anymore, as there is very little activity there these days. That is a shame, because the experience, support and wisdom that we had to share was pretty special. Not just in the lead up, but you as much as (and more so than many - me included) had a lot of knowledge and advice for those who had been through clipping and coiling brain surgery - and really understood what a long recovery it is. I like to think we made things easier for a lot of people going through this scary nightmare.

Having had a craniotomy and aneurysm clipping myself (although not as traumatic as yours was, from what you have told us) I recall only too well the kind of fatigue I went through after that. I was diagnosed with MS two years before finding my aneurysm, so I have experienced both types of fatigue - separately, and together.

It is a similar kind of bone crushing, devastating, mind-blowing exhaustion to that which I get with MS. Differences? Well, after the aneurysm, I had lots of trouble finding words, memory loss was distinct, and with both, I have that crazy sense of panic that I know I should know something and it won't come. I vividly recall (and on rare occasion still feel) that sensory shut down when there is too much sensory stimuli.

The similarities are no surprise, since it is all to do with the brain, the mechanism that powers everything, and makes us who we are.

I so hope that you are able to find some answers to the things that are causing you to feel the way you are. You have helped others, I hope that we can do the same for you.

Lyn

Multiple Sclerosis Dx 2001 Craniotomy to clip brain aneurysm 2004. ITP 1993.
Lynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (10-01-2012)