View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 08:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Here is my BIG pre-neuro appointment question for the day:

I can relate to just about all the symptoms I have read through on this forum the last 3 months. Someone here has already suggested looking into environmental toxicity.

IF that were to be the culprit then might the following be true about environmental toxicity?

1. Improves with Mestinon *
2. Fluctuating symptoms and remissions
3. Affects same sets of muscles as MG
4. Worsens with heat/improves with cold

We are doing some testing in the house. I´ve lived there for 20 years - also nothing ever happened until after I got pregnant/ got a virus/took antibiotics

* I don´t take Mestinon all the time but got really surprised it changed my vision so drastically with each dose taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingpongman View Post
Anacrusis I know they say MG is not inherited but my mom and 2 of her sisters had it plus I think my sister has MG.
Mike
I heard that congenital usually doesn´t respond to Mestinon which is what I use with good results. What you have is not congenital right? & if I remember correctly it took quite a while for your antibodies to´present themselves´.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southblues View Post
I think that the tendency to get ANYTHING is genetic. Even stuff that is caused by a specific organism will be more apt to get you if you have the right genetics. Also, there is not much known about it.
Have you applied for that job at Mayo yet, Celeste?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bny806 View Post
On another note- cooler weather is on it's way here - yesterday (3 days post IVIG) I woke up breathing my easier..... YAY for fall!!!
I know what you mean! Believe it or not where I live it was so chilly that we wore scarves and gloves one day last week and on those few days I felt so asymptomatic that I thought about leaving the forum!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephC View Post
Mike
Thinking back could there have been anything that your mom, her sisters, you and your sister could have all been exposed to that could have caused it? If not that is really amazing dont you think?
Steph you always ask great questions for the good and enlightenment of all Thank you
Anacrusis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
StephC (10-01-2012)