Thread: Blood Results
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 12:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
You'll have to see what the doctor says. It depends on how low the white cells really are. When people get a virus infection, the white cells go down, but not really seriously low. There may be restrictions on getting IVIG if you have an infection ongoing.

The C-reactive protein, is a marker for inflammation. People with autoimmune issues can have high levels of this. But even dental work can raise it temporarily. Vit C helps lower it, and studies have shown that on PubMed.
Thanks mrsD you are an absolute star, I feel a bit better reading your reply, will hopefully get an appointment with my GP tomorrow and see what he says, I panicked a bit when I first read the letter about white blood cell count and visions of my dear mum came to mind who had leukemia.

You are correct there are restrictions on getting IVIG if you have an infection I had one not long ago and they wouldn't start the infusion till the blood results came back from the lab, thank you once again I appreciate you taking time to answer this.....Marie

P.S How is Weezie getting on?
villier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote