View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 12:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Anacrusis, forgive me if AT FIRST this doesn't SEEM like I'm answering your original post.

My first symptom was not being able to whistle. I told my dentist and my GP. They thought it was TMJ. My mouth felt "funny" -- sort of numb at times -- sort of "tingly" at other times. I did a lot of research on the internet. I could never find anything that related to MG. When I was FINALLY referred to a neuro (after about 2 years), he didn't think my symptoms sounded at all like MG -- he suspected a brain tumor or stroke -- but, he ran the MG panel anyway. It turns out that I was POSITIVE to blocking, binding, AND modulating antibodies!!

So, in relating this TO your original post......I think that BECAUSE MG is so rare, there are just things about this disorder that are still unknown. I have SINCE noticed that when my eyes are "wonky", the muscles DO feel numbish -- and when my legs and arms are misbehaving, they, too, feel like the nerves aren't "connected" (if this makes sense). So, just make note of your symptoms. And don't be surprised if a neuro hasn't yet heard of them. I suspect that mine (both of them) have learned a few things from me. (They are good guys!)

Oh, I have the "snarl", too -- a Halloween mask without the expense.
Anacrusis (10-02-2012)