View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 02:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had the first PLEX treatment on Friday and got out of the hospital over the weekend. I still have a lot of back pain, but the stiffness is much better as I'm able to walk now. It was starting to come back today, but I had the second treatment, so hopefully it will last as they do more treatments.

I was able to keep the BiPAP test last night. That was probably the first good nights sleep I can remember having, so I'm hoping that will be at least partially helpful--its another week until my followup, though. My ENT wants to reduce my turbinates as he thinks that it'll help the BiPAP work better and help with breathing in general--has anyone had this procedure done? I'm a little afraid of it since reading stuff on Empty Nose Syndrome, but I've also read that that's a thing of the past and they've learned how to do it better. I'm having a lot of trouble breathing and I'm not sure if its an autoimmune thing or just a coincidence. I'm sure the MG isn't helping through.

I noticed someone mentioned that they had the PLEX line placed in their neck. At least in Maryland, there are two different departments who can place the line. Interventional Radiology will put it in the chest and this works much better. The other department (can't remember which one) will put a pick line in either the neck or groin, but you can't go home with it and it is supposedly very uncomfortable. I was told, if possible, to always have it done through interventional radiology.
BackwardPawn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote