View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 07:38 PM
luduplo

luduplo

Default don't know what happened?

hi, I have some questions that I hope someone can help me with. I'm usually involved in the PCS forum because I have had mild concussion, but I have recovered well.

Something happened Sunday night, and I went to the doctor because I thought I broke my pinky finger from falling near the tv cabinet. I described what happened and the doctor told me it sounded like a generalised tonic-clonic seizure? He said that my fainting episode was most likely caused by seizure?

I've never fainted or had a seizure before, and I'm 19 yo. There were two things that probably caused it, stress and lack of sleep. I was overtired and it happened directly after I got a fright from a frog (I have a phobia of frogs). But usually not to that extreme.

I got a fright and then everything went black very suddenly, I hit my hand against the cabinet and fell to the ground. I don't know for how long, it seemed to happen pretty quickly but I don't know, I really don't know what happened. I really have no memory of anything. The only thing I remember was falling, but it wasn't a normal fall, it was like my body switched off, if that makes sense.

The next thing I know was I somehow got onto the couch and was extremely cold and shivering so much my jaw was rattling? I was tired, confused and cold. I let myself recover a bit, and afraid I might have jolted my head from falling I checked if my pupils were reacting properly, and I noticed they were really dilated and slow to react to light. I went to bed and fell into a really deep sleep.

I woke up feeling sore, my muscles all over my body felt like I had worked out or something, bruises on my legs, and a really sore pinky, which was my main concern to the doctor.

He said I should go ahead and see another doctor about it, but I don't know if I should because of the possibility of it never happening again. I don't want to make a fuss about it if it wasn't serious. I'm hoping for someone with experience with seizures to tell me if they agree with the doctor. I'm feeling as if I'm still recovering even though it was 2 nights ago. I also don't know if this is a symptom but I've been startling easily.

Last edited by luduplo; 10-01-2012 at 11:20 PM.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote