View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 12:51 AM

Location: GulfCoastSouth .... April 2014 rudely displanted to the cold wet windy gloomy NW coast.
10 yr Member

Location: GulfCoastSouth .... April 2014 rudely displanted to the cold wet windy gloomy NW coast.
10 yr Member
Default Thank you, rmschaver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmschaver View Post
If this is offered by the Dharma.org and you are interested I would say go for it.
rmschaver,

I thank you for sharing a bit of your own personal experience of using your meditation in coping in your PCS-life.

As I stated, I already determined that I am going to do this.
Not seeking advisement', opinions, or 'help' in deciding.
I'm well aware of all the science and the potentials.

Perhaps like you, I also "learned to meditate" -- but that was 30+ years ago for me --- I'm not the same person I was either then 30 yrs ago; nor do I even resemble to myself, the same person I was a few years ago, who I was, prior to being rear-ended, closed-head injured, yada, yada, yada, on ad nauseum.

Thanks for sharing your experience, re: meditation, in coping with your own life-altering experience here. Sounds like you are doing well with-it-all.

Theta
__________________________________________________ ________________________________
Theta, now since 2008, become 'The Quiet One', yet still Strong, Determined. Age 50s/4 yrs out/2008 rear-ended/totalled moving-vehicle collision, closed-head injury/tbi/pcs ... physically appear an "unbroken package" --> wholly uncompensated by the at-fault / defendant auto insuror ... yada, yada, yada.

50s Babyboomer; 2008 high-impact rear-ended/totalled-MVC, closed-head injury->pcs ... "Still dealing with it."
1993, Fell on black ice; first closed-head injury; life-altering. // 2014 Now dealing with Peripheral Neuropathy, tremors, shakiness, vestibular disorder, akithesia, anhedonia, yada yada, likely thanks to rx meds // 2014: uprooted to the cold wet gray NW coast, trying to find a way back home ... where it's blue sky and warm!

__________________________________________________ _________
Each and every day I am better and better. I affirm and give thanks that it is so. // 2014-This was still true for me last year, I truly felt this a year ago. Unfortunately it holds no meaning for me now. Odd, it was the Theta mantra for years. Change change change.

Last edited by Theta Z; 10-02-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Theta Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote